Friday, February 5, 2010

Porsche 356 Speedster = Completely Delusional

I know nothing about cars EXCEPT that I love the Porsche 356 Speedster. I don't know if it's my delusions of grandeur but one day I'm sure I' will be picking up my groceries in one of these beauties.   In the meantime, back to my delusions - 
OK so, here is the scene:
*  My betrothed and I (a ridiculously wealthy, handsome, philanthropist) have just run off to the South of France to elope.
          (Cut to adorable centuries old limestone courthouse at sunset)
*  After a short time we burst through the doors with laughter in our eyes and  pep in our step. We stop, clasp hands, then stroll to our egg shell white convertible with caramel leather interior Porsche 356 Roadster. 
           (Cut to disgustingly gorgeous happy couple entering the Roadster)
*  There's a rumble and off they go. Into the sunset in the direction of the first random vineyard to sample the local wares.  
            (End scene)

Well, it could happen! 

Can't you just see a sassy summer bride arriving to the church in one of these. Just love it.

  
A little about the The Porsche 356:
This was the company's first production automobile. It was a lightweight and nimble handling rear-engine rear-wheel-drive 2 door sports car available in hardtop and convertible configurations. Design innovations continued during the years of manufacture contributing to its motor sports success and popularity. Production started in 1948 at Gmünd, Austria where approximately 50 cars were built. In 1950 the factory relocated to Zuffenhausen, Germany and general production of the 356 continued until April 1965, well after the replacement model 911 made its debut in autumn 1963. It is estimated approximately half of the total production of 76,000 356s still survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment